Pop2Life, in partnership with Macerich and HGTV, has revolutionized the traditional Santa photo and visit for millions of families during the holiday season. What once was a simple (using that word lightly- people simply got tired of waiting) concept of waiting in long, agonizing lines to simply take a photo with Santa has turned into so much more-- we've created a fully immersive, and more importantly fun, experience.
Now in 15 retail centers nationwide and reaching over 71 million consumers in its third year, Santa HQ, presented by HGTV, continues to entertain and engage audiences on a massive, seasonal scale throughout its annual seven-week run. Families are treated to an unforgettable experience the minute they step inside Santa HQ - a fully immersive and state-of-the-art world, filled with interactive experiences.
As guests make their way toward Santa’s sleigh, they can:
- Test their luck with the 'Naughty or Nice' Meter: A chance for children (and parents!) to measure their “good” behavior within seconds
- Take an Elfie: Families can take selfies to star in their own holiday videos alongside Santa and his dancing elves
- Try out Elf-Ray Vision: Explore the hidden magic of the North Pole inside Santa’s Workshop & Observatory using a provided tablet or smartphone app
- Check out custom video content and holiday greetings from HGTV talent
- Enjoy a lively light show: Every 20 minutes, Santa seekers are treated to a spectacle display of music and magic for everyone in the mall to enjoy
Visitors can also capture a memorable family photo together before visiting with Santa inside his newly-designed sleigh fresh for the 2016 season!
Pop2Life designed and created the experience from entrance to exit, including custom layouts for each retail location, and developed the groundbreaking and award-winning technology known as Elf-Ray Vision. It fully encompasses everything we believe in and preach- we've truly gone beyond with this project and it's success clearly shows.
The holiday season might be over in an instant, but our highly talented, creative thinkers literally work around the clock to make this magic happen. Laura and Amy, our resident Christmas experts, summed it up best:
"Seeing the fruits of your labor come to life is pretty amazing after spending ten and a half months working on a project. It is so worth it when you get to see guest's reactions to the sets and experiences. We love spreading the holiday cheer- nothing beats the look on a child's face during the light show!"
Check out Amy + Laura's tour de malls below- they visited 15 sets across the US in a matter of a few weeks. They are true rockstars :)